Prince Harry has revealed he already cant imagine life without son Archie – but admitted the baby had kept him up last night.
The Duke of Sussex, 34, who welcomed son Archie with Meghan last Monday, opened up about life as a new father as he spoke to patients and their families at Oxford Childrens Hospital today.
Mother-of-two Ida Scullard, whose three-year-old son Emmett is in remission, revealed the prince had struck up a conversation after seeing she was cradling her 10-month-old daughter.
Harry asked me if she [my baby daughter] was over the stormy period as babies are supposed be grumpy for the first 10 weeks, Ida said.
He said hes getting used to the baby and how Archie has fitted into family life. He said he just feels part of the family and he cant imagine life without his son.
Later that afternoon the Duke of Sussex was commended for keeping Princess Dianas legacy alive as he visited the OXSRAD Disability Sports and Leisure Centre, which his late mother was pictured opening in similar touching pictures dating back to 1989.
Archies heritage is three-quarters white, one-quarter black, yet his skin appears white. Thanks to a very famous mother, most people will understand that even in spite of his appearance, he is a mixed race person, not a white one. To call him anything else would be to erase Meghan, her ancestors, and all of their triumphs, challenges and experiences.
Meghan and Harry shifted their offices from Kensington Palace to Buckingham Palace, amid their big move to Frogmore Cottage in Windsor earlier in March. However, one palace insider claimed the move was a “tactic” to keep a close eye on the royal couple, particularly Meghan. The move is said to have comes after the Duchess reportedly “horrified” Buckingham Palace staff when she issued a statement about her estranged father, Thomas Markle, in the lead up to her Royal Wedding. Speaking about the move, a senior palace insider told the Daily Mail: “The decision was made before his wedding when Kensington Palace began issuing daily statements about Meghan Markle’s father.”
Buckingham Palace was horrified. A key part of being royal is that you don’t say anything about that sort of thing. The Palace abides by its mantra: ‘When in doubt, never speak out.’”
Duke and Duchess of Cambridge meet their newborn nephew Archie
Sara Latham is now Meghan and Harry’s new communications director, and is obliged to follow the orders of the Queen’s communications secretary, Donal McCabe.
Christine George, 52, whose son James, 17, is having chemotherapy, said: “He said he had all this organised, but had a sleepless night last night – not the ideal preparation for his first day at work.”
The Sussexes’ household staff will now keep a close watch of Meghan and Harry’s diary, including all their engagements and royal announcements.
“Diaries are cross-referenced to ensure there isn’t a clash and they decide if an event is suitable.”
Meghan is known to have taken the lead in the Sussex household, but staff are now certain to follow the royal hierarchy as top priority – meaning the Queen’s orders come first.
The insider also told the Daily Mail: “The intention is to ensure what they do is co-ordinated with the rest of the household so you don’t get an Independent State of Frogmore [the Sussex’s Windsor cottage].
“The Royal Family is a very hierarchical organisation. It’s the Queen, Prince Charles, the Cambridges, the Sussexes in that order.
The new structure also gives Ms Latham the chance to refuse Meghan and Harry’s requests as she is not allowed to go against the orders of Ms McCabe, the Queen’s secretary.
The source added: “If there’s a difficult conversation to be had, she can say it’s Donal McCabe blocking this, not me.
Archie, who was not given a courtesy title, has already spent time with his maternal grandmother Doria Ragland and his royal great grandparents, the Queen and Duke of Edinburgh.
“This isn’t control in the sense of limitation. The Sussexes are well-liked. The message is simply: don’t let the good you do obscure that of others.”
Meanwhile, Meghan and Harry’s announcement of their baby reportedly caused a “huge cock-up” in the royal household that left palace staff scratching their heads.
It is said that Meghan refused to take part in the traditional photo op after giving birth, and “felt sorry” for her sister-in-law Kate, the Duchess of Cambridge when she posed for photos outside the Lindo Wing following the birth of Prince Louis.
Instead, her husband Prince Harry made the announcement outside their home in Frogmore Cottage a few hours after welcoming their baby boy.
Royal baby Archie could help change Meghan Markles difficult image, brand expert claims
One palace insider told the Daily Mail: “The way the birth was handled was a huge cock-up and left a very confusing picture.
“The Sussexes were determined to get what they wanted. But the Palace machine is a force to be reckoned with.”